Most homeowners look for the easy ways to save their money on utility bills. However, making few changes to the way you use energy could make a big difference in your next utility bill. The same applies to business owners. By doing simple things, like replacing halogen lamps with commercial LED outdoor lighting is one of the easiest ways to cut down energy bills.
If you pay attention to your household appliances, you can easily save on home energy, get ready and take a look at some energy saving tips:
Water heater savings
Here is how you can save on water-heating costs:
Invest in a high-efficiency water heater system. Set the temperature on your water heater to 120 degrees. For every 10 degree reduction, you can save from 3% to 5% on your water heating bills.
Find ways to use less hot water like wash laundry in cold water, instead of taking long showers take short baths and try to reduce your time in the shower and many more.
You can save on water bills and heating bills by following a less-is-more mindset. You can control the water usage around the house, for example: If your faucets and showerheads are manufactured before 1992, consider replacing them with low-flow models. As compared to older showerheads they use half as much as water.
Here are a few other water saving tips:
- When using your clothes washer or dishwasher, run only full loads.
- Do not use longer-running cycles on your appliances as it will use more water. Go for shorter washing cycles.
Laundry energy saving strategies
Keep your utility bill down by following these tips for laundry:
- Hang dry your clothes, when you can.
- After you dry a load of laundry, make sure you remove lint from the lint trap. A clean lint trap helps in optimal air circulation in the dryer, which improves drying times.
- Use your dryer cool-down feature.
- Keep your dry vent clear by opting for professional inspection and maintenance for once in a year. As lint build up in dry can lead to a fire hazard. For any electrical issue contact Oakley Electrical Contractors- one of the skilled and professional electricians in Cwmbran.
Kitchen money saving tips
Refrigerators, stoves, dishwashers; all these appliances are used in the kitchen, which can contribute to high utility bill. Follow these money saving tips:
- Make sure you consult the dishwasher manual and set it to the lowest temperature (around 120 degrees).
- Do not use the pre-rinse features or dishwasher’s soak.
- In order to lower energy consumption, use ideal refrigerator settings. Keep the freezer temperature between 0 degrees, while the ideal temperature for the fridge is between 38 to 40 degrees.
- Keep checking the fridge door seal as leaks increase energy consumption and can lead to high utility bills.
- Avoid using the improperly sized pan on the stovetop.
- When cooking smaller food items or heating food up opt for the toaster as it consumes less energy than the oven.
- Clean the stovetop regularly so that burner can work more efficiently.
By following these above-mentioned saving energy tips will help you to save your hard earned money, plus you will not only get peace of mind, but you will also contribute to conserving natural resources and a greener environment.
If you think we missed out on something or you use any energy saving strategies, feel free to share them in our comment section below. If you like the blog then don’t forget to share it.