Sustainability is the trending word of recent times! After the recurrence of forest fires globally and the tremendous rise of pollution happening everywhere, we all know how badly nature is suffering! And today’s generation is very keen on protecting the Earth no matter what it takes. We do want to leave some great bounties of nature behind us for our kids, don’t we? That is why sustainability is the only wise solution to adapt in our lives. And what better stage than childhood to begin practising it?
List of Fun Activities for Your Kids to Teach Them Sustainability!
We do want our kids to care about nature just as we do it ourselves. And when you tend to inculcate this message in their young minds, they will grasp it better and follow the same throughout their future life (make it a way of living). In order to achieve this noble goal, it’s very essential to let the kids try these measures out through fun and engrossing activities. To make this more serious for them, ensure that they are taught about sustainability even in their childcare centre. Kids & Co Early Learning Centre teaches the same to your kids in the most creative way while caring for them in your absence too. There are some very good ways through which your little ones can understand and practise sustainability for their bright future! Read about them below:
- Recycle Their Stuff— Be it paper from the notebooks reused as craft paper or making pencil boxes out of waste bottles, teach them creative ways to recycle their stuff to understand its value better.
- Picking Trash Competition — rash and garbage is everywhere and it’s harming our environment badly. Keep a competition with your child as to who picks more garbage and throws it into waste bins. You can also compete in collecting the recyclable items from trash and giving it for reusing.
- Plant a Sapling — Your child will simply love this one! Give them a sapling and let them plant one in your garden and take care of it regularly. They’ll learn to go green by caring for these little trees.
- Try Diy Daily Usage Items — You can teach your child to make homemade soaps, shampoo, hand-wash etc. out of natural ingredients. This ensures they will learn more about sustainability and prefer natural/ organic stuff over chemical based products.
- Track the Water Saved Daily — Saving water regularly is a vital part of sustainability. You can give your child the task of tracking daily how many buckets of water they used. Soon, they’ll tally the numbers and try minimising the wastage of water as they grow up.
- Let Them Read About Environmental Hazards and Sustainability— Once your kid starts reading, provide them books related to environmental hazards and pollutants. You should also educate them about sustainability and let them research the ways to practice it better.
With these activities, your little one will surely grow up as a responsible individual who’s keen on sustainability and saving nature for our good future!